On 25-26 November 2019, Centre of Advanced Process Safety (CAPS) collaborated with Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), IChemE Safety Centre (ISC) and Centre of Risk, Integrity and Safety Engineering (C-RISE) have organized a conference (Loss Prevention Asia 2019) that discussed on the advancement of technology through the digitalisation of process safety and integration of data analytics on future trends in managing process safety, in the advent of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The conference’s theme are “Building Resilience through Advanced Digital Safety and Technology”. These 2 days event introduced great expert speakers specialized in Process Safety. The conference intends to:
- Provide a platform for industry experts to share current knowledge and experience in managing process safety.
- Academicians to convey new findings and future trends to in preventive safety & risk management technology, with respect to the 4th Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0)
The conference consists of 2 keynote address, 4 plenary session, 2 panel discussions in the morning session and followed by 13 parallel sessions from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm. Over 60 expert speakers shared their knowledge and experiences in the process safety topics. The covered topics are safety culture, integrity management, risk management, environment protection, human factors, corrosion, offshore safety, emergency responses, data analytics, fire and explosion.
The conference had more than 250 participants representing international and national industries, institutional and regulators bodies comprising 10 countries all over the worlds among them were:
- Inframatrix Sdn Bhd;
- Hima Asia Pacific Pte.Ltd.;
- Arkema Thiochemical Sdn Bhd;
- China University of Petroleum-Beijing;
- Badan Tenaga Nuklir Nasional;
- Cochin University of Science and Technology;
- 2h Offshore (Asia Pacific) Sdn Bhd and many more.